This year the EfD annual meeting will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from: October 27-30, 2017. It is hosted by the Environment and Climate Research Center (EfD - Ethiopia) and the EfD Secretariat. The EfD annual meeting is a forum to bring together researchers from all EfD centers and their collaborators. EfD would also like to attract key stakeholders for exchange of research ideas.
Updates for participants will be displayed here.
October 24-25: Policy Interaction and Communication Workshop (on invitation)
October 26: EfD Policy Day (on invitation)
October 27-30: EfD Annual Meeting
LOCATION & VENUE
The 11th EfD Annual Meeting in 2017 takes place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Venue: Capital Hotel & Spa. 22 Mazzoria Haile G/Silassie Avenue, (next to Ministry of Water and Energy or in front of Waryt Building), 18786 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Telephone: +251 116 672 100, +251 116 192 000
The EfD network will cover travel and local costs for EfD researchers whose proposals or papers from EfD-funded projects have been accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting. Other EfD researchers (Senior Research Fellows, Research Fellows and international research associates) with accepted papers will be informed about funding in the official invitations, which are to be send out mid-September.
Other participants are expected to cover their full cost to participate in the annual meeting.
For any question that you have related to the meeting, please contact the following people in the organizing team:
ECRC in Ethiopia, local organization team:
- For issues regarding visas, invitations, travel arrangements, and general logistics: Haleluya T. Gebru, Researcher and policy interaction officer: email@example.com.
- For issues regarding hotel arrangements: Yitatek Yitbarek, program manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
EfD secretariat in Sweden:
- For issues regarding the general and academic program of the Annual Meeting, as well as for the collaborative workshops: Marleen Poot: email@example.com
- For questions regarding budget and funding: Elizabeth Gebresilassie, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For issues regarding the Policy Interaction and Communication (PIC) workshop: Karin Jonson, email@example.com and Eugenia León, firstname.lastname@example.org.