This publication compiles about 23 research papers that were presented on the national conference hosted by Department of Economics of Mekelle University and sponsored by EEPFE, on August 8-9, 2008 at Axum Hotel, Mekelle, Ethiopia.
- Keynote Speech: Sustainable Land Management: Research and Policy Challenges'
- Development Strategies in Tigrai: Challenges and Opportunities
- Challenges in Implementing Sustainable Land Management (SLM) Practices and Rural Development in Tigrai
- Experiences of the People Based Soil and Water Conservation (SWC) Program in Tigrai: Processes, Technology Packages and Approach
- Prioritization of Micro-Watersheds on the Basis of Soil Erosion Risk in the Source Region of the Blue Nile River Using RUSLE Model, Remote Sensing and GIS: Case Study in the Muga Watershed
- Geographical Determinants of the Impacts of Water Harvesting in Ethiopia: Implication for Food Security and Resource Management
- Poverty and Inequality Impacts of Agricultural Water Management Technologies in Ethiopia
- Estimating Returns to Soil Conservation Adoption in the Northern Ethiopia Highlands
- The Impact of Compost Use on Crop Yields in Tigrai, Ethiopia, 2000-2006 Inclusive
- Overcoming the Challenges of Parthenium Hysterophorus Weed Through Ecological agriculture in Southern Tigrai
- Sustainable Land Management: Identifying the Best Practices
- The Economics of Crop Biodiversity in the Highlands of Ethiopia
- Sustainable Biodiversity Conservation for Improved Land Management in Ethiopia:Five Decade Analysis
- Organic Farming Technologies and Agricultural Productivity: The Case of Semi-Arid Ethiopia
- Greening Ethiopia for Food Security
- Household Tree Planting in Tigrai: Tree Species, Purposes and Determinants
- Implications of Land Titling on Tenure Security and Long-Term Land Investment: Case of Kilte Awela'elo Woreda, Tigrai, Ethiopia
- Impacts of Low-Cost Land Certification on Investment and Productivity
- Certification and Land Investment: The Case of Tigrai Region, Northern Ethiopia
- Adoption of Organic Farming Technologies: Evidence from Semi-Arid Regions of Ethiopia
- Rural Household Income Diversification, Poverty and Their Coping Strategies: Asset Base Approaches in Ethiopia the Case from South Eastern Tigrai.
- Institutions and Sustainable Land Use: The Case of Forest and Grazing Lands in Northern Ethiopia
- Conclusion and Way Forward
- Closing Speech
- Annex I
- Annex II
- Annex III
Files and links
Request a publication
Due to Copyright we cannot publish this article but you are very welcome to request a copy from the author. Please just fill in the information beneath.