Call for Nominations is open to attend the 2012 AAEA Annual Meeting in Seattle, August 12–14, 2012. Travel Grants for Economists from Less Developed Countries. Deadline: Monday, December 5th, 2011. For more info click on the web link below.
The Agricultural and Applied Economics Association Trust invites nominations for economists from less developed countries to be awarded full travel grants to attend the 2012 AAEA Annual Meeting in Seattle, August 12–14, 2012. Nominees should be professional economists who are from and residing in a developing country. A complete list of qualifying countries is available.
Nominees should be working in one or more of the fields of agricultural, development, environmental, food and consumer, natural resource, regional, rural, or related areas of applied economics and business.
- Nominations should include:
- Nominee’s name, institution, postal address, and e-mail address.
- Nominator’s name, institution, postal address, and e-mail address.
- Brief statement of support written by the nominator.
- Brief statement of interest written by the nominee.
- Proposed travel budget.
- Paper (no longer than 20 pages double-spaced pages, including tables and figures) describing the research to be presented at the meetings.
Eligible nominators include department chairs or administrators, advisors, or any AAEA member.
Nomination packages should be submitted electronically in a single PDF to email@example.com by 5 pm CDT on December 5, 2011.
Selected applicants will be scheduled to present their research (as a paper or poster) during the meeting. Details regarding presentation will be provided after the acceptance notices are sent out.
The funds for these travel grants are provided by a grant from USDA-Economic Research Service.
See more by clicking the link here.