The Agriculture for Food Security 2030 (AgriFoSe2030) programme, a Swedish initiative, will conduct a training course for young Asian researchers on effective research-to-policy communication for agricultural development. The course is a collaboration between AgriFoSe2030 and The Gothenburg Center for Environment and Sustainability (GMV) at University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. AgriFoSe2030 speaks directly to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the promotion of smallholder agricultural development.
The AgriFoSe2030 focuses on three main cross-cutting themes that the programme believes are of high relevance for sustainable food security:
1. Sustainable intensification,
2. Access to markets and value chains, and
3. Women and youth
Date: 21-27 January 2018
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
1. CV incl. current affiliation, academic specialisation and publication list (max 2 pages)
2. maximum 1-page letter describing i) your motivation to attend the course, and ii) how you intend to use the knowledge and tools from the course in your policy or practical outreach work
3. state your preference for specialisation for the second half of the course in the headline of your e-mail: Theme 1 (Socioeconomic dimensions) or Theme 2 (Multifunctional landscapes)
4. proof of English proficiency; formal statement or certificate of ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
Send to: Cheryl Sjöström, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29 August 2017
Only complete applications will be considered. Successful candidates will be notified by the end of October 2017.
For full information click here.