As part of its institutionalization, EfD is now proud to announce its new strategic board. ‘This board is constituted of my dream-team’, says Director, Gunnar Köhlin. Each of the board members brings deep professional knowledge, a passion for sustainable development and the capacity to elevate EfD so that we can make a difference at the global level.
The seven members of the board are:
- Pam Fredman, who will serve as Chair of the Board, Professor emerita Fredman was the previous Vice Chancellor of the University of Gothenburg and President of the International Association of Universities.
- Fredrik Carlsson, Professor from the Department of Economics, University of Gothenburg and a member of the Board of the School of Business, Economics and Law.
- Chantal Line Carpentier who is Chief of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development- UNCTAD in New York.
- Tomas Kåberger is an Affiliated Professor at Chalmers Technical University in industrial energy policy. Recently, he took up a position as Industrial Growth Executive, InnoEnergy.
- Edwin Muchapondwa, graduate of the Dept. of Economics, University of Gothenburg and was one of the pioneer directors through the establishment of the Environmental Policy Research Unit at School of Economics, University of Cape Town in 2007 where he is based as a Professor.
- Eswaran Somanathan, Professor in the Economics and Planning Unit of the Indian Statistical Institute in Delhi, and Program Director of CECFEE (Centre for research on the Economics of Climate, Food, Energy and Environment).
- Kevin Urama is the Senior Director of the African Development Institute, previously Senior Advisor to the President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), and formerly the Inaugural Managing Director of the Quantum Global Research Lab.
The Board consists of international leaders within EfD’s realm of work who can provide strategic guidance to the EfD Initiative. The task of EfD´s board is to design and develop a network strategy, secure legal, financial and administrative control and to review and follow up on EfD’s goal fulfillment.